Remote Meter Reading +
The situation of the remote collection of GSE/ UTF meter readings to date is:
- The Grid Manager Company, mostly ENEL DISTRIBUZIONE (ED), has been tasked to provide (GSE/UTF) production meter readings to GSE.
- The production meter is read via the modem as installed by the plant owner to Del. 595/2014. When the data is successfully collected, ED applies the conversion factor as reported with the Del. 595/2014 communication and passes the production values on to the relevant platforms of GSE, like FTV-SR, GO, etc.
- From current experience ED is remotely checking the production data in the first 7-10 days of a month. After they have reached a limited number of attempts without having successfully read the GSE meter modem, they stop the data collection until the next month. As a consequence, the feed-in tariff disbursed will be lower than due, because it is calculated on the basis of estimate, creating financial imbalances in the cash flows.
- From experience the modems’ communication ability can suddenly be blocked and it would need to be started up again which needs to be done manually.
- Depending on the meter model and type, registers are stored by the meter on the plant for about 2 to 12 months. However, remotely only a part of this data is accessible.
Our Solution of Remote Meter Monitoring is a web-based platform offering the following functionalities:
- Daily readings of the “curve di carico” and all the available registers via the GSE modem which shows the production values on a quarter-hourly base.
- Monthly readings of energy production as ED would do, but earlier.
- Readings of previous monthly registers, as far as remotely accessible.
- Automatic comparison of the production meter readings with the readings reported on the ED portal
- Automatic check of the GSE paymentsagainst the actual production meter readings
- Continuous population of a data base for the specific plant creating a plant history.
- Online access to all data and download option of data in common format (Excel)
- Next day email alarms in case of:
- Meter down/ not available
- Any data loss (“holes” in the data) in the quarter hour readings (curve di carico)
- Zero meter readings during daylight hours (daylight hours are programmed for the particular locations and their particular sunrise and sunset timings on a given day)
- This should give technicians good information for necessary maintenance operations.
- Monthly email alarms on the 3rd of each month in case of non-availability of monthly meter readings
- Monthly email alarms mid-month (when values available on the ED portal) in case of difference of value read directly (by the Raptech system) and the value reported on the ED portal.
- API to export data to Business Intelligence systems used in the company.